Thursday, July 6, 2017

Sri Ramana Maharshi

Sri Ramana Maharshi
“I am” is the Truth. The body is the limitation. The ajnani limits the “I” with the body. The “I” in sleep is apart from the body. The same “I” is now in the waking state. Though thought to be in the body, “I” is really outside it.

The wrong notion is not “I am the body” – for it is the “I” that says it [the body being insentient cannot]. The mistake lies in thinking that “I” is what “I” is not. “I” cannot be the inert body.

The movements of the body are confused with the movements of the “I” and the result is misery. Whether the body works or not, “I” remains free and happy. The ajnani's “I” is the body. There is the whole error. The jnani's “I” includes the body and that is all. Some intermediate entity arises and causes confusion.

A child and jnani are similar. Incidents interest the child only so long as they last. It ceases to think of them after they have finished, which shows that they do not leave any imprint or impressions on the child, and it is not affected by them mentally. It is the same with the sage.

No comments:

Post a Comment